Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Review: The Werewolf Wears Prada by Kristin Miller

The Werewolf Wears Prada 
by Kristin Miller
Series: San Francisco Wolf Pack #1
Pub. Date:  April 28, 2015
Publisher:  Entangled Covet
Pages:  230
Format:  eBook
Source:  Purchased


My Rating:  
Sultry Scale:


Melina Rosenthal worships at the altar of all things fashion. Her dream is to work for the crème de la crème fashion magazine, Eclipse, and she'll do much anything to get there. Even fixing up the image of a gorgeous, sexy public figure who's all playboy, all the time. Even if he's the guy who broke her heart a year ago...


Even if Hayden Dean is a werewolf.

Since his father's death, Hayden's the heir apparent to the San Francisco Wolf Pack—well, once he settles down. Hayden isn't interested in giving up his partying ways, except he's pretty sure he's found his fated mate, and the fact that she's a non-shifter is bad news. Now he must find a compromise between the traditions of his wolf world and his certainty that Melina is his...before fate (or another werewolf) bites them both in the butt. 


This story is in the fated mates trope and centers around a fashion-obsessed city girl, Melina, who writes for a celebrity magazine (or blog?) called Celeb Crush. Melina turns out to be the fated mate (Luminary) of Hayden Dean, a womanizing playboy who is heir to the Alpha position of the San Francisco Wolf Pack. In this series, the general public does not know about the existence of werewolves, so they are in the closet so to speak.

I never got a connection with these characters. To me, Melina and Hayden both came off as shallow and one-dimensional. I was craving some depth to their personalities or back story that would have triggered some kind of emotional connection for me. As it was, I really found myself not caring about their story one way or the other.

The pacing was somewhat slow but started picking up around 70%, and I was getting interested. Unfortunately I was back to "meh" again by 87%. The drama, both in the pack, and in the romance, resolved uber-quickly and easily. I wanted more detail. more feelings, more action. So this one was just okay for me.

Best quote of the book: "Cinderella managed to get her fairy tale. That bitch."

View all my reviews

San Francisco Wolf Pack Series


My ReviewReview Coming Aug. 26


No comments:

Post a Comment