Saturday, September 26, 2015

Review: Never Never by Colleen Hoover and Tarryn Fisher

Never Never 
by Colleen Hoover
Serial:  Never Never #1
Pub. Date:  Jan. 7, 2015
Publisher:  Hoover Ink
Pages:  159
Format:  eBook
Source:  Purchased


My Rating:  
Sultry Scale:


Best friends since they could walk. 
In love since the age of fourteen. 
Complete strangers since this morning. 
He'll do anything to remember. 
She'll do anything to forget. 

So Colleen Hoover is one of the very very few authors that I will read when the characters are young adult. Even though her characters are young, they are not immature angst-driven spoiled brats. I tend to forget that sometimes because of my normal aversion to young adult novels... but I liked this one just as much as Slammed and Point of Retreat.

That being said, this is a very difficult serial to review. Our H/h who have been in love for most of their young lives have suddenly forgotten who they are. Literally. They can't remember names, parents, friends, events... but they remember other things like music, names of flowers, etc. Is super weird (in a good way). It appears that the only ones affected are our H/h so they are trying to figure out the mystery together. It seems it could be seeped in the history of New Orleans maybe? A little hoodoo hex maybe? I didn't realize this story was set in New Orleans until I started reading, so that was another bonus for me. But I also liked Charlie (h) and Silas (H) and I really enjoyed trying to figure out the mystery with them.

The only reason I didn't give this one 5 stars is because its a serial, and I just really don't like the format of serials. I don't like having to wait months or longer for the next installment of the story. I prefer to read the whole book at once. 

View all my reviews

Never Never Serial

No comments:

Post a Comment