Sunday, November 8, 2015

Review: Choosing Henley by Anne Jolin

Choosing Henley 
by Anne Jolin
Series:  Rock Falls #2
Pub. Date:  Sept. 26, 2014
Publisher:  Self-Pub
Pages:  176
Format:  eBook
Source:  Amazon


My Rating:  
Sultry Scale:


Lennon Montgomery is scared. Absolutely scared shitless of love. 
When the floor fell out from underneath her perfect childhood, it shattered her ability to trust. The one man in her life who was genetically programmed to love her left her. Since then, she’s allowed men into her bed and even into her life, but never into her heart. 

Until him. 

Jamison Henley has never wanted a woman for longer than it takes him to make a guitar. He’s content living his life and loving only three things: making guitars, cooking great food, and Martha, his black pit bull. He never chases women, and he’s never had to. 

Until her.

One night together changes everything. There’s no going back to the way it was before. 

She doesn’t want to want him, but she does. 

He knows he wants her, but he can’t have her. 

Will Montgomery take the leap of faith in choosing Henley? Or will her fear cripple their chance at a happily ever after? 


This was another great quick and steamy read from Anne Jolin. I am just devouring these books. Our feature couple in this installment of the Rock Falls series is Lennon Montgomery and Jamison Henley, both of whom we met in Chasing Rhodes.

Lennon is best friends with Hannah, and was roommates with Hannah and Beth. I didn't feel like we learned a whole lot about Lennon in the first book, she just seemed like a girl who didn't talk about her feelings much and didn't date anyone seriously. In Choosing Henley, we learn that Lennon is extremely jaded when it comes to relationships due a serious daddy issue she has from a super craptastic father. Let me tell ya, I was worried about Lennon. I was worried that she was going to be one of those heroines that kept pushing the hero away and ran away from him or would be one of those wishy washy heroines that annoy me. I am happy to report that she was not. Once Lennon decided to give it a shot, she truly did work at it. At one point I was so proud of her for NOT running, that gave her a big ol' goofy fist pump (in public). Awkward. Sometimes I forget where I am when I'm reading.

We knew a little more about Jamison (Jami) from the first book. He was good friends with Hannah, had a pittie named after Martha Stewart, and was a gourmet cook. He also took great care of Hannah when she needed help during an emotional situation. He makes guitars, has some kickass tattoos, and owns his own gorgeous log cabin. And when he decides he wants something (or someone as in Lennon's case), he is going all in until he gets what he wants. It's like a fairy tale wish list of the perfect man. Only, as Jami points out, the sex they have is too naughty for fairytales.

This was a solid romance, not too much drama and lots of steam. I do wish that it had been longer... I was kind of surprised when it ended because I thought I had 20% more book left (there was an excerpt at the end). I would have also liked to see karma work a little bit on Lennon's dad. That's just a consequence of the length, I love the writing, but I can always think of more more more because I'm greedy like that. ;)

View all my reviews

Giveaway


Rock Falls Series


My ReviewMy ReviewReview
Dec. 2015
Review
Dec. 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment