Saturday, December 19, 2015

Audiobook Review: A Blood Seduction by Pamela Palmer

A Blood Seduction 
by Pamela Palmer
Series:  Vamp City #1
Pub. Date:  June 16, 2015
Publisher:  Tantor Audio
Narrator:  Rebecca Estrella
Length:  10 hrs 47 min
Format:  Audiobook
Source:  Hoopla


My Rating:  
Sultry Scale:


Take me down to Vampire City...

Vampires live only for lust and pleasure in the eternal twilight of Vamp City. But the city's magic is dying. The only person who can restore it? A beautiful woman from the mortal world...one who knows nothing of the power she wields.

Quinn Lennox is searching for a missing friend when she stumbles into a dark otherworld that only she can see—and finds herself at the mercy of Arturo Mazza, a dangerously handsome vampire whose wicked kiss will save her, enslave her, bewitch her, and betray her. What Arturo can't do is forget about her—any more than Quinn can control her own feelings for him. Neither one can let desire get in the way of their mission—his to save his people, hers to save herself. But there is no escape from desire in a city built for seduction, where passion flows hot and blood-red.

Welcome to Vamp City...


OMG. This book wins the award for the most loathsome characters I have read. The H/h rubbed me the wrong way so freaking bad that I was screaming at them like I was at some bad horror movie. Ugh. But - I did listen to the audiobook in its entirety so that automatically gets a 2 star rating from me - because my OCD kept me reading/listening.

Let's start with the hero, Arturo. No wait, he is not a hero. He is not even an anti-hero. He is a villain cast in the role of the leading male character. I love dark and broody vamps, but he is the biggest douche canoe that I have ever read. Seriously, he was just horrible. He betrayed the heroine at every turn, and I don't think he told her the truth EVER. I don't think I have ever yelled LIAR LIAR PANTS ON FIRE at a character before, but I did it several times in this book! He has absolutely no redeeming qualities. Not freaking one. The best thing that can be said about him is that he doesn't torture his slaves. Seriously. Gah!

Now onto our heroine. Though in all fairness, she cannot be called a heroine either. She sure didn't save anyone. Oh wait, she maybe did. But she didn't do it on her own. She was a total weakling when we needed a kickass heroine! Instead, she was always getting her ass kicked or getting caught and imprisoned and/or tortured. Seriously, she has this plan to go back and save the day and she gets caught like right away and thrown in a slave auction. And she continues to have these tender type lustful feelings toward Arturo (whom she can only call Master) no matter how many times he betrays or lies to her. WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS CHICK? I just wanna shake her until her teeth rattle.

So then I thought like, well, the last 5% of this book isn't so bad. Things might be looking up... but then BAM, THAT ENDING!!!! WTF is that? I wanted to reach through my phone into the audiobook and jerk up Arturo and stomp him into dust. I messaged Deanna yelling about how much I hate him, I hate him, I hate him!

Let me apologize for the most use of the word "Seriously" ever in a review... but SERIOUSLY! These characters made me THAT mad. You know, I think the author must have written them to be hated. Because the writing wasn't bad. The story was paced well and the concept was interesting... and it certainly evoked strong feelings of hate and exasperation. So what am I doing now? Grabbing the second audiobook so I can find out how much worse the characters are going to be in the next installment.

View all my reviews

Vamp City

No comments:

Post a Comment