Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Review: True Dead

True Dead True Dead by Faith Hunter
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I feel like it's been so long since I last read a Yellowrock book (and I'm about 6 months late on this one) do I was glad I was able to read Of Claws and Fangs first for a refresh. If you need one of those like me, all the Claws and Fangs stories take place before this book.

Lots of action here, but that's expected whenever Jane and Beast are involved. But we head back to New Orleans for Jane to finally claim her position as the MOC and Dark Queen. Challengers and betrayal and surprises abound. It was interesting to see the change in Jane/Beast since their pass thru the rift, and to find out just what happened to Sabina and Leo. I really really like Koun, and would love to see some spinoff or short stories featuring him. I also like the new addition of Quint, because who wouldn't love a loyal sociopath!?!

I got sucked into this story and devoured it in 2 days. But it makes me sad that the ending is nigh, as these are some of my absolute favorite characters in urban fantasy.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment