Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Review: Abandoned in Death

Abandoned in Death Abandoned in Death by J.D. Robb

My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Buy on Amazon 

I always save In Death books for long drives and road trips because they are great at keeping my mind preoccupied. This installment was no exception, and I was quite surprised when the identity of our serial kidnapper and killer was revealed.

Young women of a certain type are being snatched off the street, only to turn up dead and posed with mysterious allusions to the past and family. As the killer is operating a little too close to Eve's loved ones, she wants this criminal off the streets quickly. This story focuses mostly on the footwork by Eve and Peabody, but I liked the contribution of our interns who featured in past stories. I felt like this one had more procedural than action sequences, which I think is a break from recent installments.

I would've liked to have had a little more Roark (as always) and some more snark with Somerset. But I enjoyed the check-in with Mavis and Bella, and all the updates on the estate they are remodeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment