Thursday, June 30, 2022

Review: Chaos Reigning


My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Buy on Amazon

I feel like an echo, but wasn't I just saying how creative Jessie Mihalik is with all these futuristic and interstellar societies rife with political intrigue!?! Ans she is certainly no slouch in the intriguing hero and chemistry department. 🔥 This author is firmly cemented on my auto-buy list.

This book fell through the cracks and I didn’t realize it had been released. I was a huge fan of the first two books, starring this heroine's sisters (Ada and Bianca). This final installment features the youngest Von Hasenburg, Catalina. Cat has perfected her persona as flighty feminine socialite, so much so that even her own family doesn't realize the extent of her capabilities. That makes her the perfect spy, and I really enjoyed her character. I loved the dynamic sides of her personality, and I really connected to her vulnerability about being underestimated.

Alexander Sterling is our handsome and enigmatic hero, and I was bummed that I couldn't quite remember his roles in the earlier books. (My memory is not what it used to be. Sigh.) Alex was uber-capable at protecting our heroine, while having her pesky hormones spiking thru the roof. I particularly enjoyed his chameleon-like capabilities of being unassuming then blinking into the alluring and dangerous alpha male. Yum!

The intrigue, action and romance were perfectly balanced in this book. I could not put it down. (I may have actually gotten a little sunburn as I rushed to finish it in my pool.) I'm a little sad this series is over, but also happy that this author is spinning out more books on the regular. I love her take on the space opera genre, and I can't wait to see what she does next.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment