Friday, June 3, 2022

Review: The Other Half of the Grave

The Other Half of the Grave The Other Half of the Grave by Jeaniene Frost
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


It was so fun revisiting the introduction of Cat and Crispin from Bones' perspective. Oddly I didn't feel as much of a connection to Bones in this story... however I think my previous connection to him came from all his imagined turmoil and experiences throughout the entire series, rather than in a single book. I would certainly love to reread the entire series from his POV, but I'm not sure if that's the plan here. A fangirl can always hope though!

If you have been living under a rock and are new to Jeaniene Frost, I'd recommend reading Cat's perspective first, then this one. These first books are the start of Cat and Bones (sometimes tumultuous) relationship, and are the precursor to Cat's transformation into the Red Reaper killing machine. This was a nice jaunt back to where it all began in that murky cave in Ohio.

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Nice! I still need to read this one myself. I heard Jeaniene said if the response to this one was well, she might write a bit more from Bones' POV for the other books. Guess we will have to wait and see! Nice review!!

    ReplyDelete