Monday, June 12, 2017

ARC Review: Claim & Protect by Rhenna Morgan

Series:     Haven Brotherhood #3
Pub. Date:June 12. 2017
Publisher:Carina Press
Length:416 pages
Source:NetGalley

Rhenna Morgan is killing me. 

KILLING. ME!!! 

Starting with Rough & Tumble, I fell in love with Jace. I figured he would be my favorite of the series, second only to Axel (who has a sexy smutty Scot thing going on). But then there was Zeke in Wild & Sweet, who was AWESOME. And now... NOW... Rhenna gives us freaking Trevor, who blows both of the previous heroes out of the water. Seriously - each hero has been better than the last! By the time we get around to Axel, my head is just going to explode. Or my ovaries. Or something. And let it be known RIGHT NOW, that I am claiming Axel and his proclivities for all things kink. He. Is. Mine. Period. Exclamation Point!

If you haven't read Rough & Tumble or Wild & Sweet, then you are totally missing out. But if you want to start with Claim & Protect and read out of order, you should be fine. Basically what you need to know is that the Haven Brotherhood is a group of unconventional alpha males that have become family. These men are totally hot, totally possessive alpha male, and totally successful. From club owners to pilots to doctors... you are sure to find a hero to suit your tastes. (Just stay away from Axel!)

Trevor Raines is our laid back cowboy, who is also a pilot and bar owner. He has a big ranch, a big airplane collection, and an even bigger heart. Trevor also has some adequacy issues, making him think that he is not relationship material. When Trevor discovers that his cute new waitress is having family issues, he inserts himself into her life to make sure that she and her son are safe. He was such a freaking good guy. Seriously, you couldn't not like Trevor. He was funny and sexy and caring and just oh-so lovable. I loved that his protective instincts kicked into overdrive, and that those feelings encompassed everyone in our heroine's life. His efforts to bring some light into their life just gave me the warm fuzzies. Likewise, Trevor's thoughts on family (whether related by blood or not) were heartwarming.

Natalie Jordan is a bit of a tortured heroine. She has done her best to escape her narcissistic and abusive ex-husband, but he just won't let go. I felt sorry for Natalie's situation, but I admired her determination to get away and protect her son. I was happy that she allowed Trevor into their life so easily, because I know her first inclination was probably to put her hand up and keep all men out of their life. Luckily both Natalie and her meddling mama were able to see that Trevor was a good guy and could be trusted to keep everyone safe and make them happy. And Natalie's son! I just loved him. I am not a kid person at all... but Levi was just so cute that you couldn't help but love him.

The relationship between Trevor and Natalie was both sweet and sexy. Trevor did such a good job at helping Natalie get her self-confidence back and, in turn, Natalie made Trevor see that he was worthy of a relationship. While they had some good chemistry and were no slouches in the sheets, most of their time together had me feeling sweet and sappy. Despite the tortured past of both our hero and heroine, this story felt like a feel-good romance from start to finish.

The Haven Brotherhood and its growing family is such a great group. Each member of the brotherhood is dynamic and engaging, but they come together for a common purpose, and the most important thing to each one is the family they have created. I wish I could find a group such as this to adopt me! I encourage all romance fans to pick up the Haven Brotherhood series - you won't regret it.

I voluntarily reviewed an advanced copy of this book that I received from the publisher, Carina Press.


Haven Brotherhood

No comments:

Post a Comment