Sunday, March 22, 2015

Review: Midnight Unveiled by Kristina Canady

Midnight Unveiled by Kristina Canady
Series: Lunar Eclipse, Book 2

My Rating:  
Sultry Scale:

He wants her – a beautiful trophy for his collection, but she’s not ready to be “owned” by any relationship, let alone one that is against her will. How far will he go to possess her, and is love powerful enough to save her? Sasha Green continues her journey in this second installment of the Lunar Eclipse Series to find her place in the vampire world while grieving the human life she will be forced to leave behind. Can she find the deep, meaningful love that her soul cries out for, or will fate decide a different destiny for her heart?

Etienne thought his past demons would finally be banished by learning to love without barriers, but when an old acquaintance crosses paths with his soul-mate, darkness threatens to claim him once again. Will a new and growing threat come between Etienne and the one he cherishes the most, or will his heart and future forever be lost?


So this book starts off 8 years after the first book left off. 8 years! I was not expecting that, and I was extremely surprised that Sasha had continued in her marriage for all those years. We don't get much detail about what occurred over the course of time... but I guess that would be a lot to pack in.

Sasha's kids are going off to college and her marriage is over, so it's time she stopped fighting fate and got on with her HEA with Etienne, right? Wrong. Sasha is stubborn as ever and honestly, I just want to shake the spit outta her. She thinks she is altruistic and puts everyone else first, but she comes off as selfish and spoiled. She is the reason these books haven't gotten higher ratings from me. She flat out rubs me the wrong way. I like Etienne much more... but I feel like we don't get enough insight into him, his character, past, etc. He's just the gorgeous brooding vampire allowing Sasha to treat him like a doormat. I was so glad when he finally stopped caving to her regarding her family and their relationship. And by the way, why is no one worried about her boys becoming vampires?

I like most of the secondary characters in this book (excluding Stephan). This book had more action and plot... and the writing improved considerably since the first installment. Though I absolutely detested the ending. Warning, it's a cliffhanger. And just when I thought Sasha's character was getting better and smarter, she does something surprisingly dimwitted, even for her. I'm hoping the next book continues to improve and that Sasha will miraculously turn into a character worth the gifts she has been bestowed. Otherwise, I'm stealing Etienne for myself.

Lunar Eclipse Series

Review
Review
Review

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment