Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Review: Bite Mark by Lily Harlem

Bite Mark by Lily Harlem

My Rating:  
Sultry Scale:

Life in London as a butcher girl is hard enough, but when my best friend Denny goes missing without a trace it becomes miserable. So finding clues to his whereabouts and then stumbling one foggy morning into the Worshipful Company of the Ancient Order is like a breath of fresh air. Not least because sexy sophisticated Aimery has promised to help me when no one else will.


But Aimery has a best friend and it seems Ryle wants in on the action. My head begins to spin, my body reacting to theirs whenever I'm around them. But there are questions I need answering. What is their obsession with my rare blood type? How do they always appear just when I need them? And exactly how old are they?

Learning the truth about my lovers brings new fears and delights. They take me higher than I’ve ever gone before, show me delights I never imagined existed and are prepared to kill to keep me safe. Being mortal has never been so much fun, or so deliciously dangerous.

Please note, Bite Mark ends on a cliff hanger and has a sequel, Claw Mark.


My friend Deanna, from Deanna's World introduced me to Lily Harlem, and so far, I have enjoyed her writing very much. Her writing style is so delightfully British that it's a nice change of pace for this American girl... even if I don't always understand some of the slang and terminology. I have a great time trying to read with a British accent in my head (and sometimes out loud).

This was a unique take on a steamy paranormal tale. Our heroine, Beatrice, is a butcher girl with a rare blood type. No really, a butcher girl, carving up steaks and chops and the whole shebang! I haven't seen that before, so it was a refreshing change of pace from the college students in the new adult books I've been reading lately. We had two (yes TWO) sexy sophisticated vampire heroes, who were unique in their own right. One seemed to be the brains and the other brawn, and together they were a dynamic duo of vampire yummy! And the smexytime was H-O-T hot. The villain is revealed as jealous old female vamp who wants Bea for her blood type. There wasn't a ton of action in this first installment, but you can tell that there will be lots of it to come.

This was a quick read, very well-written, with a slight cliffie at the end. Lucky for you, the next book (Claw Mark) is already out!

View all my reviews

Claw Mark
Book #2

Review coming soon!


Being married to two sexy vampires is as exciting as it is dangerous. One minute I'm on top of the world, ecstasy my best friend, the next I'm running for my life. But it's okay with Aimery and Ryle at my side-they've sworn to love and protect me and keep me satisfied until I'm old and tray.


But when everything crashes down, literally, I can see no way out of the darkness-death my best option. Until, that is, two unusual men who live in the Canadian Rockies come bounding to my aid. 

Gentle Caleb and prickly Isaac have secrets. They're full of passion, desire, love and lust and their isolated lives weaved with mystery. But I know what they are. I'm not completely naive. I'm also craving some serious satisfying, a distraction from my dilemma, and it seems these guys are up for the job. Will I ever be normal again? Or will my life always be turbulent, terrifying and tempting beyond belief? Nothing is certain in a world of vampires and shifters.



No comments:

Post a Comment