Sunday, March 1, 2015

Review: Blood Games by Chloe Neill


Blood Games by Chloe Neill
Series: Chicagoland Vampires #10

My Rating: 4 of 5 stars
Sultry Scale: 2 of 5 flames


While Merit didn’t choose to become a vampire or Sentinel of Cadogan House, she vowed to fight for her House and its Master, and she’s managed to forge strong alliances with powerful supernaturals across Chicago. But even though Merit has had wild adventures, this may be her deadliest yet...

A killer is stalking Chicago, preying on humans and leaving his victims with magical souvenirs. The CPD hasn’t been able to track the assailant, and as the body count rises, the city is running out of options. Vampires and humans aren’t on great terms, but murder makes for strange bedfellows. Can Merit find the killer before she becomes a target?


I listened to this book in audio format, so I wasn't able to make my usual highlights and notes that I use in my reviews. The Audible narrator for this book was Sophie Eastlake, and she does a very good job narrating... she is exceptional at switching between voices and accents. I am glad the audio version held my interest I could get some cleaning and chores done around my house as I listened.

Blood Games picks up where Wild Things left off, with Ethan's challenge to Darius to take over the Presidium. There is the standard mystery or two for Merit to solve with the Ombuddies and Jonah. I really liked Ethan in this book and felt like I connected more with him than I did in the past. I would love if the author would switch the POV to Ethan occasionally... instead of getting solely Merit's POV. A new vampire appears that has a long history with Ethan - and she's bitchy enough to hate on the spot. I am surprised that this is the first we are hearing of her. The drama with the GP was great in this installment... and the outcome of the whole challenge thing was surprising. I forget why Ethan started the whole fake proposing thing, but its pretty funny. Sadly there were no shifters in this book, other than a short cameo by Jeff.

I felt like this book picked back up after the last couple didn't hold my interest as well. Favorite scene this book? Ethan and Merit in the shower. The narrator did an outstanding job with the french accents there! This one was also a tad more steamy than we have seen in the past... and I would like to see the heat factor ramped up even more.

Warning: there is somewhat of a cliffhanger at the end. It gives us an idea of what the drama will be in the next book.

Chicagoland Vamps Series:





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment