Saturday, January 24, 2015

Review: Beautiful Ink (Forever Inked # 1)


Beautiful Ink
Beautiful Ink (Forever Inked # 1) by Nicole Reed

My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Sultry Scale:  2 of 5 flames






Family.

I have tattooed that single word on more skin than I care to count. It elicits powerful thoughts and emotions for most people.
Loving. Caring.
Supportive. Togetherness.
Forever.

But not for me. The word family means so much more.
Vicious. Harmful.
Dangerous. Corrupt.
Deadly.

You can’t run forever from the ones who love you.

Note: This novel is not a cliffhanger and can be read as a standalone. Warning: This book is real, beautifully raw, and not for the faint of heart. It is the story of a young girl’s loss of innocence while growing up around a motorcycle club. It is not suitable for children under the age of seventeen due to language, sexual content, and intense subject matter. Based on true events.


This is the story of Helen (a/k/a Hels a/k/a Keller) who grew up in a motorcycle club. She did not have an easy life, to say the least. On the run and hiding from her MC club family, Keller cannot help but continuing expressing her art through tattooing. I was intrigued by this book when I saw the author's note saying the story is based on true events. I don't want to say too much about the plot because I don't want to give anything away. Just know that this story is raw and gritty and kept me turning the page until 3am on a weeknight. I would have liked more of an epilogue however, especially given that this story is supposed to be based on true events. I would also like to know whose life events the book was based on - the author's, a friends, etc. The series continues on with Holden's story - which promises to be just as gritty and dramatic. See it here:  Hell's Ink




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment