Thursday, August 25, 2022

Review: Rogue's Possession


Buy on Amazon

Rogue’s Possession is the second book in the re-released series, Covenant of Thorns. Gwynn seems to have adjusted to her new life in Faery, but is still firmly ensconced as the battle sorceress for Lord Falcon’s war. I have to admit that I still don’t see the point to the war, but I think that is by design. I’m not sure the warring parties actually know the purpose of their war either. In any event, the pitched battles are entertaining and Gwynn usually finds a way to meet the terms of her deal without loss of human life. And I will never complain about mermaids, dragons and sea monsters in a book. 😜
While Gwynn is making great strides in mastering her magic, she is slowly losing the battle when it comes to resisting Lord Rogue. Rogue pops up at opportune moments that allow him to barter for skin privileges, kisses, and other delectable delights. I can’t tell if Gwynn is essentially bad at bargaining, or if she is just throwing up a token resistance. I mean she seems wiley enough when it comes to Falcon’s requests that it would be odd for her to be incapable of that same ability with Rogue. Unless his nearness just scrambles her brain, which could be very likely.

I liked that we got some answers in this installment about the proposed human-fae offspring, Titania’s machinations, and Rogue’s intentions. Everything wasn’t spelled out clearly, but we learn enough to deduce the potential motives for the various parties involved. The story arc will change somewhat from here and I am really looking forward to the rest of the series with a more solidified union between our main characters. I am also really enjoying the development of some of our secondary characters, namely Starling and Athena. I think these two are strong enough personalities to carry a spin-off series of their own! (Hint Hint Jeffe!)

No comments:

Post a Comment