Thursday, August 11, 2022

Review: The Girl in the Mist


Buy on Amazon

I am woefully behind on my Kristen Ashley reading, and I was in a romantic suspense mood, so I decided on The Girl in the Mist for my roadtrip. In true KA fashion, she kept me engaged and entertained for the long drive.

Delphine LaRue is a famous actress and author, a Hollywood type that I usually don’t go for in a heroine. However, Kristen Ashley made LaRue humble, relatable, compassionate and likable. She also has great taste in decorating, shoes and bookshelf arrangement! She has escaped to Misted Pines, one of KA’s enchanting mountain/lake towns, on the run from an obsessed fan/stalker.

Cade Bohannan is a mystery unto himself. I don’t want to say much about his background, as I enjoyed the way that was spoon-fed throughout the story. He is a typical KA hero, strong and authoritative, growly and passionate, and uber-protective of his family, woman and town. I really liked his family, both the twin boys (likely future heroes themselves) and the beautiful and fragile daughter, who was not at all a spoiled brat.

I felt this book was a steamy mystery… less on the falling in love aspects and more focus on the mystery and suspense. Of course the chemistry couldn’t be denied between LaRue and Bohannan, and I loved some of her inner monologue when it came to thoughts of Cade. I liked the two of them together, so I hope they continue to appear in other KA books.

I was happy to see that right as I was finishing this book, KA posted that she had just completed another Misted Pines novel. She does a great job at crafting interrelated stories in small towns we all want to visit, without reusing material or making us feel like we’ve read the story before. I can’t wait to see what’s in store next for this sleepy town and some of its quirky and cool inhabitants.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment