Wednesday, February 6, 2019

ARC Review: Stray Moon by Kelly Meding

Series:     Strays #2
Pub. Date:Feb. 5, 2019
Publisher:Harper Voyager Impulse
Length:336 pgs
Source:Publisher


Note:  This is a review of the second book in the Strays series, which features a continuing story arc. Therefore, this review may contain spoilers for the first book, Stray Magic.


I could not wait to get my hands on this book after what happened in Stray Magic, with our heroine losing her memories of the one she loved most. Our heroine is Shiloh Harrison, a half-human djinn who discovered corruption in the Para-Marshals in the last book. So Shiloh and her team members are smarting from the betrayal while also trying to recover from injuries suffered in the defeat of the perpetrators. Unfortunately, Shiloh's lingering issues are more mental, as she lost all memories of Jaxon - her teammate and former lover. It was interesting to watch the interaction between the two, with one remembering the love and emotional connection, while the other had a complete blank space. I see very interesting things going forward for these two.

Shiloh and team haven't forgotten about the missing and infertile werewolves, whom they first learned about in Stray Moon. Now that Tennyson's missing vampire issue has been solved, the gang goes off to join with other Para-Marshals to investigate the missing weres. The reason behind the missing wolves was somewhat predictable, but I didn't find that it took much away from the story. There were a couple of surprises that I didn't see coming, and they renewed my interest in the story the few times it was flagging. 

Overall, I am enjoying this series... and I am super happy that Meding has decided to write in the urban fantasy genre. I love to follow one heroine/couple across the series, as I find that I get much more invested in the characters and the story outcome.

I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book that I received from the publisher.

Purchase Links



1 comment:

  1. Oh nice! I was debating about this one myself. I was kind of in the middle of the road when it came to the first book. I still liked it though and would be willing to read this one as well...once I find the time! Lol!

    Nice review!

    ReplyDelete