Thursday, February 21, 2019

ARC Review: Oria's Enchantment by Jeffe Kennedy

Series:     Sorcerous Moons #5
Pub. Date:Jan 25, 2019
Publisher:Self-Pub
Length:166 pgs
Source:Author

Admittedly, one of my favorite aspects of the Sorcerous Moons series is the outlet it provides for my Jason Momoa fantasies in the guise of Lonen, our barbarian king. But over time, I have come to love Oria just as much, and I really enjoy the interactions between our Destrye king and his Baran queen.

In this installment, Oria must resist the temptation of her ancestor's mask while learning to wield both the mask and the wild magic outside of Bara. This requires great courage (and some restraint) on Oria's part, with even more restraint and trust on Lonen's part. At the same time, Lonen must consider the challenge for his crown that was issued by his brother, which puts them on a countdown to return to Dru within 7 days.

I enjoyed Lonen and Oria being on their own again as they travel to seek out Lonen's mother. Our couple continues to strengthen their bond through trust and shared experiences, which must be difficult given their inability to touch. Jeffe has definitely come up with interesting ways to work around this problem, and our romantic aspect of the story has not suffered in that regard. 

I liked the new characters added to the series in this story, and I think some of them will make strong additions going forward. Lonen's mother seems to be a force to be reckoned with, and I really like the possible addition of warrior women.

If you are a fantasy romance fan, you definitely must check out some of the fantastic offerings from Jeffe Kennedy. I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book that I received from the author.


Purchase Links


No comments:

Post a Comment