Friday, August 31, 2018

Audiobook Review: Queen Takes Queen by Joely Sue Burkhart

Series:Their Vampire Queen #3
Pub. Date:June 26, 2018
Publisher:Tantor Audio
Narrator:Cassandra Myles
Length:9 hrs 11 min
Source:Publisher


Queen Takes Queen is the third book in the reverse harem series, Their Vampire Queen. The series is getting progressively better, with the addition of new characters in each installment as our vampire queen grows in power with her harem.

Shara's power is starting to solidify, and she is making enemies among other queens as she tries to stay under the Triune's radar. I have enjoyed seeing the feats she has accomplished as her power has grown. I particularly liked her interactions with Navarre in this installment, our Celtic Blood, and the influence we saw from The Morrigan. While we initally only saw one new Blood in this installment, I think Ethan's character will prove to be interesting as we continue in the series. 

So our queen and her harem are heading back to South America at the invitation of another vampire queen, one who is hopefully not hostile to her existence. Things, of course, do not go as planned and the introduction to the other harem and queen are tense, to say the least. But this experience allows Shara to shine, both with her power and her personality. She demonstrates that growing up human was not a detriment to her, and she doesn't stand for the haughtiness and cruelty that seems to be expected of queens. I found the power exchange and subsequent events to be unique and interesting.

While the series is getting better as we progress, I am still a bit squicky at all the blood (and its uses). It also makes me think of a big sticky mess and I can't imagine it being everywhere all the freaking time. But, I'm getting better at focusing on the story instead of the blood. I am looking forward to our confrontations with the hostile queens, and eventually, the Triune.

I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this audiobook that I received from the publisher, Tantor Audio.

Purchase Links


No comments:

Post a Comment