Thursday, August 30, 2018

ARC Review: Mission: Anaconda by A.D. Starrling

Series:Division Eight #3
Pub. Date:Aug. 28, 2018
Publisher:Self-Pub
Length:111 pgs
Source:Author


Mission: Anaconda is the third book in A.D. Starrling's fast-paced romantic military suspense series, Division Eight. The series follows the covert operatives of Division Eight, a high level and secret military organization that is sent on tough and sensitive assignments around the world.

This installment follows our Division Eight team from Mexico to Brazil to extract informant members of a drug cartel. The action, as usual, was fast-paced enough that you didn't want to blink while you read for fear of missing something. I continue to be impressed by the military skills and abilities of our team members, males and females alike. But I also like the team camaraderie, and it makes me miss my days of team athletics where we had similar close-knit relationships. However, I think the Division Eight closeness surpasses my own experience, particularly given that these teammates are routinely in life threatening situations. That has to build a bond like no other.

The romantic entanglement in this story involves Gaby and Miles, and for some reason I am blanking on them from the previous books. It seems they like to snipe at each other and generally find the other to be annoying and outside the realm of romantic possibilities. So I think that made them a great pairing - opposites attract and all that. They had good chemistry, and I found them to be a believable couple. These stories are not focused on the romance, so things didn't get too hot or heavy, but there was enough there to keep my romance-minded heart happy.

If you have an hour to kill and are looking for an adrenaline-pumping read to make that hour go by in a blink, I highly recommend any book in this series. I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book that I received from the author. 


Purchase Links


No comments:

Post a Comment