Tuesday, August 14, 2018

ARC Review: Star-Touched Stories by Roshani Chokshi

Series:Star Touched Queen #2.5
Pub. Date:Aug. 7, 2018
Publisher:St. Martin's Press
Length:304 pgs
Source:NetGalley

Roshani Chokshi has a beautiful flowery writing style. Her writing seems rich and decadent to me, and I enjoyed the first two books of this series very much.


This compilation of short stories, while in the same writing style, didn't hold my interest as well as the earlier books. I think that's partially because I'm not a big fan of shorts, but also because I had a hard time remembering the myriad details of the earlier books, and so I couldn't remember all of the characters that were featured here. And I will maybe attribute a bit to the fact that I'm on-the-go so much right now that I think about wasn't feeling the ability to sit down and read such a meandering story.

That being said, if you are a fan of the series and remembered who these characters are, I think you will like these fantastical tales. I'm not familiar with Hindu and Indian folklore, but Chokshi brings the world to life and makes me interested to learn more. I love some of the settings and world-building that I've never experienced before. Though I tend to get more absorbed into the longer stories, as I feel like I get more invested. So I will be looking forward to the next full-length novel.

I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book that I received from the publisher.


Purchase Links


No comments:

Post a Comment