Tuesday, July 17, 2018

ARC Review: The Good Luck Sister by Jill Shalvis

Series:Wildstone #1.5
Pub. Date:May 1, 2018
Publisher:Avon
Length:144 pgs
Source:Publisher

This is a second chance romance with a great little dog, and a novella following Lost and Found Sisters in the Wildstone series. I have not read the first book, but I felt like this one did okay as a standalone novella. 

Our heroine is Tilly Adams, a small town girl with dreams of being an artist. I believe she is part of the story from Lost and Found Sisters, as the sister that Quinn raised following the death of her mother. Growing up, Tilly's world revolved around her best friend, Dylan Scott. But now its 10 years later, Dylan has not been in the picture for some time, and Tilly is trying to figure out her life. I wish we had a little more character development on Tilly, because I liked what we had. She seemed perky and full of attitude, but reasonable and caring as well.

Dylan Scott had more depth to his character. He comes from a rough background, a horrible childhood, and went off to join the military at a young age. Now he is back in his hometown and wants to find his way back to his best friend and love, Tilly. He doesn't quite go about things the right way, but I get that he might not have the clearest head when it comes to this girl. I really liked Dylan. His type of hero is usually right up my alley, so I would have loved to know more about him.

This romance had to move pretty fast to fit within the confines of >150 pages. That is the drawback to a novella for me. I would have loved to see this story more drawn out to give some depth to our characters and relationship.

My favorite part was Leo, the dog. He was a character and I wanted more of him too! 

I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book that I received from the publisher, Avon.


Purchase Links


No comments:

Post a Comment