Friday, August 16, 2019

ARC Review: Diamond Fire by Ilona Andrews

Series:Hidden Legacy #3.5
Pub. Date:Nov. 6, 2018
Publisher:Avon
Length:160 pgs
Source:Edelweiss

This is a major blogger shame review - I totally forgot I had a copy of this ARC. How could I miss Nevada and Rogan's wedding?!?! Gack! Anywho, Diamond Fire is a novella in the Hidden Legacy series that serves as a bridge to transition from the story of Nevada to that of her younger sister, Catalina. Because this is a novella, this is going to be a mini review so I don't give away any spoilers.

While the story is about Nevada and Roman's wedding, the focus is really on Catalina as she tries to solve the mystery of some missing family jewelry, and discover who is attempting to derail the Baylor-Rogan wedding. I enjoyed the introduction to Catalina. She is still unsure of herself and her magic, but you can see her potential to become a kickass and capable heroine as she matures. That being said - I missed Nevada and Rogan! I would have liked to have a little more of their POV to transition us from one part of the story to another. But I understood the need to refocus the story, so I'm sucking it up.

Another thing I liked was the intro to Rogan's crazy ass family. Some of them need their own reality show, and most of them deserved a Rogan-style smackdown. But I thought all the personalities added a nice depth to the story that kept me interested to see what they would do next. I'm glad I finally read the story because it was an excellent segway into the upcoming book, Sapphire Flame (review coming soon!).

I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book that I received from the publisher - even though I'm way late actually getting it read. So sorry to the Andrews and Avon for my disorganization during all my work travel over the past year.




Purchase Links


No comments:

Post a Comment