Friday, December 7, 2018

Audiobook Review: Three Blind Dates by Meghan Quinn

Series:Dating by Numbers #1
Pub. Date:April 26, 2018
Publisher:audiOMG!
Narrator:Ava Erickson
Aiden Snow
Length:11 hrs 16 min
Source:InkslingrPR

I've been needing a good laugh lately - work has been crazy stressful - and I knew I couldn't really go wrong with a Meghan Quinn book. And, as I have recently joined the online dating foray myself, what better way to go than a RomCom about blind dates? I could totally relate.

So our heroine, Noely Clark, is at a point in her life and career that she has decided to look for love... but her minor celebrity status around Malibu sometimes gets in the way. So Noely decides to try a combination restaurant and dating service, Going in Blind, where users are paired via app with blind dates to meet at the restaurant. I have to say, I really like this concept. I would probably try it if it was available in real life. I also liked Noely, which kinda surprised me. I don't usually like the Hollywood-type characters. But she was a lot of fun, without being too over the top. I loved her fashion sense, and her ridiculous relationship with her friend and co-host. Their friendship really made me miss my girl posse now that I've moved across the country (again).

Now, as much as I liked Noely, I was totally drooling over The Suit, The Rebel and the Jock. Yeesh, let me fan myself. I don't even know if I could pick a favorite but, knowing me, I would probably go for the The Rebel. So I really enjoyed watching Noely navigate the dating scene... and recreate a little of her own RomCom, a la You've Got Mail

If you need something lighthearted, or can relate to the blind/online dating crapshoot, then you cannot go wrong with this book. It was cute as all get out. The narrators also did a good job. You will mostly hear Ava Erickson, as the story is told from Noely's POV, but there are a few pieces in there for the man she chooses as well. Listen and find out who it will be!

I voluntarily read and reviewed a complimentary copy of this audiobook that I received from InkslingrPR.

Purchase Links


No comments:

Post a Comment