Thursday, December 20, 2018

Audiobook Review: Love Sincerely Yours by Sara Ney and Meghan Quinn


Pub. Date:Oct 29, 2018
Publisher:Novel Audio
Narrator:Ava Erickson
Alexander Cendese
Length:7 hrs 45 min
Source:InkslingrPR


Love Sincerely Yours is a cute office romance story by new-to-me author, Sara Ney and one of my favorites, Meghan Quinn. I liked this collaboration, the grumpy entrepreneur hero and our unassuming-yet-brazen marketing consultant. 

Our heroine is Peyton, the social media manager for an up-and-coming outdoor company. But Peyton is ambitious and plans on starting her own marketing company, with the hopes of getting her boss to give her business. There's just one little problem. She's madly in lust with said boss - who is grumpy and uptight and hot as sin. One drunken birthday night, Peyton decides to send said boss an email confessing her lust from an anonymous email... which lays down the premise for our story.

Our arrogant sadist of a boss is Rome, and I could just envision his eyeballs popping out of his head when he got the email from an anonymous source using his own company email. I enjoyed this hero and his uptight and serious ways... you just knew that if you could rumple that suit of his, that he would be a smokestack ready to blow. I felt like we got to know Rome a bit more than Peyton in this story, and I always like getting to know the inner workings of the male mind, so I enjoyed that aspect. 

The banter between our couple was fantastic, and I loved how Peyton knew to push Rome's buttons. Once our couple got together, there was great chemistry. I think the anonymous part helped build up that aspect to explosive proportions. I was pleasantly surprised at Rome's naughty side, and that made me like his character even more.

The only thing that threw me off for this story was the male narrator - he just didn't do it for me. He was okay when narrating in Rome's voice, but when a female voice had to be portrayed, it just fell apart. I did enjoy the female narrator, and would have liked for her to do the whole story.

I think this story will be very popular with those who enjoy a good office romance, and I think I may have enjoyed it much more if I had read it or had Ava Erickson do the full narration. I voluntarily read and reviewed a courtesy copy of this book that I received from InkslingrPR.

Purchase Links


No comments:

Post a Comment