Wednesday, October 31, 2018

ARC Review: Secrets by Aleatha Romig

Series:     Web of Sin #1
Pub. Date:Oct 30, 2018
Publisher:Romig Works
Length:312 pgs
Source:Inkslingr PR

I was so excited to hear about a new dark romantic suspense from Aleatha Romig, as I love her dark and twisty stories. I won't say that this one is as dark as Consequences or as much as a mindfeck as Into the Light, but it was a dynamic story with lots of potential for danger and suspense going forward.

Our heroine in this new series is Kennedy Hawkins a/k/a Renee Marsh a/k/a Araneae (uh-rain-a) McCrie. Araneae is largely ignorant of her origins and parts of her past, but all the unknown secrets are about to catch up with her very fast. Araneae will have to adapt to situations over which she has little control, all the while having to manage her attraction to a dark and dangerous, but sinfully sexy, mystery man. While Araneae did seem to accept things fairly fast without much fight, I did enjoy her as a heroine. I liked the fashion and style aspect of her business and character, and I liked that she didn't fight against our hero too hard, questionable as his motivations may be.

Our hero is said dark and dangerous alpha male, Sterling Sparrow. By all appearances, he is a ruthless business man with his hand in some questionable operations. He has also owned Araneae McCrie since he was a boy, and he intends to claim what was promised to him. Sterling was a great hero... a rich and powerful bad boy that wasn't completely bad, a bit broody, and pretty much sex on a stick. He had a double persona thing going on, and I liked seeing both the soft and hard aspects of his character.

This initial installment really just touches the iceberg of where I think the series will go. You spend the majority of the book getting acquainted with our characters and observing what their relationship dynamic will entail. The chemistry is definitely off the charts, even when our heroine is apprehensive about our hero. But I definitely see the possibility for them to grow into a strong power couple as we move forward. 

If you are a fan of Aleatha Romig or romantic suspense, I definitely recommend this book. I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book that I received from Inkslingr PR.


Purchase Links


No comments:

Post a Comment