Thursday, August 6, 2020

ARC Review: Sucker Punch by Laurell K. Hamilton

Series:     Anita Blake #27
Pub. Date:Aug. 4, 2020
Publisher:Berkley
Length:496 pgs
Source:NetGalley

This was quite the different kind of book for Anita and the Marshalls, one where they were trying to save a life instead of take it. I don't know if it was the rush to beat the clock or just the different situation, but the investigation didn't seem to fall into place well for me. There also wasn't the thrill of the hunt of the defeating of the big bad villain, so it just wasn't as exciting overall.
Rather than be focused on the murder investigation, I was more interested in the relationship (for lack of a better word) evolving between Olaf and Anita. It was fascinating to see him trying to curve his serial killer crazy to comply with Anita's preferences. I even felt bad for him at times, which was super weird! I think Anita and Edward were feeling that same conflict. I really look forward to seeing how this is going to play out in future books.

Overall this one was 3.5 stars for me, and 2 flames. Pretty tame on the heat when compared to other books in the series.

Purchase Links


1 comment:

  1. ooh a Laurel K. Hamilton!! Great review...I am always curious about the romance plot even if its not a primary focus. Romance nerd lol

    ReplyDelete