Tuesday, August 11, 2020

ARC Review: The Cowboy Says I Do by Dylann Crush

Series:     Tying the Knot in Texas #1
Pub. Date:Aug. 4, 2020
Publisher:Berkley
Length:332 pgs
Source:NetGalley

As I just moved to Houston, I thought this would be a good choice. I don't, Texas is a tiny town somewhere between Houston and Dallas. There are quirky small town residents and family-driven politics and economics. That's how we get our main characters, the newly elected mayor (despite a lack of qualifications) and the deputy sheriff (despite questionable business activities by his family). This is a good story for those fond of sweet romance without a bit of small town drama.
I would have liked to see more back story and character development, and some of the plot details elaborated upon. The investigation into Bodie's family could have been more detailed, as could the abandoned dog situation and/or dog fighting ring (it wasn't clear if these were connected).

I voluntarily read and reviewed and advanced copy of this book I received from the publisher via NetGalley.

Purchase Links

1 comment:

  1. every time i see a dog on the cover, i have to stop and check it out
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete