Monday, March 11, 2019

ARC Review: Space by Penny Reid

Series:     Laws of Physics #2
Pub. Date:March 12, 2019
Publisher:Self-Pub
Length:226 pgs
Source:Author

So Motion left us with a huge cliffhanger that I'm sure had many people screaming at their kindles. So now that it's 2.5 years later, I was dying to see what would happen when Mona and Abram meet again. And what better place for a surprise run-in than a snowed-in cabin in Aspen?

Man, it's really hard to write this review because all the things I want to talk about would be major spoilers! I'm not usually a fan of drama in my books... but I was looking forward to seeing how our super smart heroine did drama, physicist-style. I really connected to Mona's character in this book, so much so that I stayed up all night reading. Her angst, nerves and insecurities really hit my soft spot. Penny did a great job creating that emotional connection. But I was stoked to see her start being honest and assertive regarding her wants, needs and feelings.

As much as I connected to Mona, I also felt for Abram and what he went through after Mona left. I can't imagine thinking the person you had just fallen in love with could change so drastically overnight. It would certainly make me feel like I was going crazy as well. But Abram is smart, and he's had time to get angry and stew. I was a little worried about how he would treat our fragile Mona. But I enjoyed watching them learn to coexist in the cabin and communicate. 

So this review is really short due to being worried about spoilers, but this has been a great series, cliffhangers and all. This one ends in a semi-cliffie as well, but not one that had me yelling at the kindle like Motion.

I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book that I received from the author.

Purchase Links


No comments:

Post a Comment