Friday, January 4, 2019

Audiobook Review: The Lost Plot by Genevieve Cogman

Series:Invisible Library #4
Pub. Date:Jan 9, 2018
Publisher:Audible Studios
Narrator:Susan Duerden
Length:10 hrs 23 min
Source:Audible


The Lost Plot is the fourth installment of Genevieve Cogman's unique and fascinating The Invisible Library series. The release of this book snuck by me, and I didn't realize it was out until I went to read the ARC of the next book, The Mortal Word. So I listened to this one on my recent road trip over the holidays, and it made the drive home go by relatively painlessly.


This story seems to take a bit of different direction from earlier books. Irene and Kai have managed to find themselves embroiled in dragon politics, and are on the hunt for a missing librarian, and a coveted book. They try to be diplomatic and non-committal in their activities in the realm, a version of 1920s Boston and New York. I happened to like the setting, and I enjoyed seeing the pair mix it up with the gangsters and and bobbies of the time. However I felt that this installment didn't deliver up the same amount of action we became accustomed to in the previous books. I also felt that our main two warring dragons were missing some of the grandeur and arrogance that I expected. Although once we met the dragon queen, she delivered on both fronts. So while I was entertained by this story, and still adore the series, this won't be my favorite installment. But based on the ending here, I am very interested to see where The Mortal Word takes us.

Purchase Links


No comments:

Post a Comment