Wednesday, January 23, 2019

ARC Review: Nightchaser by Amanda Bouchet

Series:     Endeavor #1
Pub. Date:Jan. 1, 2019
Publisher:Sourcebooks Casa
Length:416 pgs
Source:NetGalley

I haven't read much sci-fi romance, but I definitely need to add more into the queue, especially when written by one of my favs, Amanda Bouchet. Nightchaser was a new and refreshing romantic adventure through space, galaxies and black holes. I can't wait for the next installment.

Our heroine is Tess Bailey (which I'm sure is a nod to another favorite romance author). Tess is a human(ish) badass space pirate of the Robin Hood variety... stealing from the corrupt rulers to provide for those less fortunate, and even resistant to the government. She's also the galaxy's most wanted, pursued far and wide by bounty hunters and government officials alike... and with the current bounty on her head, she isn't going to be able to hide for long. Tess was a good heroine. I liked the who and why of her being pursued, and I liked that she was kickass and capable. 

I wasn't sure who our hero was going to be at first, and thought it was going to be "Big Guy" from the pilfered lab. But when we met Shade Ganavan, the chemistry between he and Tess was fairly instant. Shade Ganavan was also an excellent hero... a sexy alpha who had a sad story, and was a big softie when it came to our heroine. I am really looking forward to seeing how these two work together in the future (both in and out of the bedroom)!

I'm excited that Amanda Bouchet is showing talent in another genre. Her fantasy Kingmaker Chronicles was one of my favorite series last year, and I'm stoked that we can look forward to a variety of offerings from this new(ish) author. She is definitely going on my auto-buy list.
 

Purchase Links


No comments:

Post a Comment