Thursday, June 20, 2019

ARC Review: Shadow Warrior by Christine Feehan

Series:Shadow Riders #4
Pub. Date:June 4, 2019
Publisher:Berkley
Length:432 pgs
Source:NetGalley

The Shadow Riders is such a unique series that I feel refreshed and get sucked in every time I pick up one of the books. With all the travel I've been doing, I was stoked to get to this one in the line up right before a hellish day of delayed flights and being squeezed into the tiny rows and uncomfortable seats of turbulent airplanes.

Our shadow-riding hero of this installment is Vittorio Ferraro, a strong and silent alpha male who fears he will never find his fated woman. Vittorio is demanding, protective, and knows exactly what he wants and requires from his partner. His need to be with his woman for all things could have seemed needy, but was instead worked into his dominance and alpha nature. I really liked Vittorio, and reading things from his point-of-view helped me put my own relationship in perspective at a time when I'm learning to balance my independence with being part of a couple. 

Vittorio's perfect woman is Grace Murphy, an event planner with a troubled and tragic past. Grace lucks out when her abduction lands her in the path of Vittorio, as he was the one man capable of fixing her life and making her ridiculously happy. Our inexperienced and vulnerable heroine was balanced by her healthy self-esteem, intelligence and work ethic She truly seemed to be the yin to Vittorio's yang, and they complemented each other very well. I typically do not go for the inexperienced heroine, but I developed a good emotional connection with Grace in this story. 

As a fated mates trope, this relationship was necessarily a insta-love situation... but one that I loved. I liked seeing the instant attraction and fascination between our couple, and really enjoyed the building of their relationship as the story progressed. The romantic plot was balanced with the serial killer targeting those close to Grace, and a possible war brewing between the Ferraro and Saldi families. The action sequences and suspense woven into the relationship-building and sexytimes kept me enthralled during the 15 hour travel day (yes you read that right!). 

If you haven't started the Shadow Riders series, I don't know what you are waiting for. I can't wait for the next installment and have become very invested in some of these characters! I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book that I received from the publisher.

Purchase Links


2 comments:

  1. I loved this too! I can't wait for Emme's story. I feel so bad for her! Vittorio and Grace were awesome together. His insistence that his woman be with him for everything he does did seem a bit worrisome, but at the same time I loved the idea. This series is so good!

    ReplyDelete