Tuesday, May 14, 2019

ARC Review: Dragon Fire by Juliette Cross

Series:     Vale of Stars #3
Pub. Date:April 30, 2019
Publisher:Self-Pub
Length:289 pgs
Source:Author
 

Oh Man, I just love the way Juliette Cross does a growly dragony alpha male. I got interrupted reading this one due to things going crazy at work... so I actually restarted it this morning on my flight to New Orleans so I would get the full effect of Kieran Moonring from start to finish. It totally made my early morning flight go by in a blink.

So our fated mate heroine in this installment is actually somewhat like a nun, Liana Lexington, or Sister Liana, of the Order of Saint Portia. Liana's reasons for being at the cloister are mysterious, but she seems to have dedicated herself to the religious purpose quite well... until she meets a Morgon male, who has appeared at Primus shrouded in his own mystery. Liana was drawn to Kieran from the start, and they often sought out each other's company as he convalesced. I thought Liana made a good heroine - she was sweet and reserved, but she also had a backbone when she needed it. I can't say too much about her character as I was too focused on our hero to pay very close attention, but it says a lot that I didn't want to scratch her eyes out. :P

So now, the most important part, our dragon hybrid hero, Kieran Moonring. You may recall Kieran from the earlier books... he's a senator, brother to Kol Moonring, and killed Baron Coalglass in order to save Kol's mate, Moira. I don't think Kieran would have been content to stay in Primus as he healed were it not for his attraction to Liana, but he was undeniably drawn to her and couldn't help seeking her out in both the waking and dream worlds. So Kieran is torn between his duty and need to mete out justice to the Larkosians, and his desire to stay with Liana. But when danger finds them in Primus, Kieran's beast won't allow him to leave Liana in danger. I loved Kieran, just as I have loved all of Juliette's Morgon males. They are the perfect mix of alpha possessiveness and tenderness, treat their women like they hung the moon, and take care of business in every aspect you can imagine. 

So you will want to read the Nightwing Security and Vale of Stars series in order, as there is a continuing storyline. I have enjoyed watching this Morgon vs. Morgon battle - our good guys vs. the Larkosian cult, who think that humans should be subjugated as lesser beings. Things have continued to heat up through each installment, but things really come to an undeniable head in this book and have me on tenterhooks for what's coming next!

I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book that I received from the author... but I also purchased my own copy because well, it's Juliette Cross!

Purchase Links


No comments:

Post a Comment