Thursday, May 7, 2015

Thrifty Thursday Series Spotlight: Outlander by Diana Gabaldon

Hello bambinas-
This week I am doing a spotlight on my very favorite series, which has been marked down to very thrifty prices.  I don't know if this is for a limited time, or a permanent markdown, but you should get your copy now before prices go back up to $9.99 or $12.99.  And to compound this deal, for most of the books, you can add the audible narration by Davina Porter for only $3.99!  I have read this series numerous times in both ebook and audio format, and sometimes I switch back and forth between the two.  My favorite author, and an excellent narrator - you can't go wrong.


$1.99 Kindle
$3.99 Audible
$4.99 Kindle
$3.99 Audible
$4.99 Kindle
$3.99 Audible
$4.99 Kindle
$3.99 Audible
$3.99 Kindle
$3.99 Audible
$4.99 Kindle
No Audible
$4.99 Kindle
$3.99 Audible
$9.37 Kindle
$4.99 Audible
I am such a superfan of this series that I drove all the way to Kentucky last month to the Southern Kentucky Book Fest just to see Ms. Gabaldon.  I intended to pick up a full set of books for signing... but I realized when I got home that I forgot Voyager!  My hands were so full that I didn't realize I was missing one.  This is killing my OCD brain so I have to figure out how to get a signed hardcover of Voyager before my head explodes.  Especially since Voyager is probably my favorite book of the series.

As you can see below, I was not alone in my fangirldom.  I arrived at the venue a full 3 hours before Ms. Gabaldon (at 7am), and there were well over 500 people already in line!  As I stood there making friends with other fans, I learned that the front of the line got there at 2am! 

 


Stay tuned this month, which I have dubbed as May is the Month for Highlanders.  I will be posting more deals on Highlander books throughout the month, and there will be a special feature entitled: You've Read Outlander.  What' Next?  where we will be discussing what you should read next to get over your book hangover from Jamie and Claire.

If you have read the series, have you checked out the new and revised Companion?  These books have lots of cool extras and are a great addition to your Outlander library.  Or how about Season 1 of the Starz adaption of the books?  I have enjoyed watching the story come to life on the screen.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment