Thursday, May 21, 2015

Review: To Wed a Wicked Highlander by Victoria Roberts

To Wed a Wicked Highlander 
by Victoria Roberts
Series:  Bad Boys of the Highlands #3
Pub Date:  Sept. 3, 2013
Publisher:  Sourcebooks Casablanca
Pages:  319
Format:  eBook
Source:  Purchased
   

My Rating:  
Sultry Scale:


In the third book of this fun, action-packed Highland trilogy, Victoria Roberts introduces her baddest bad boy yet. 


Laird Alexander MacDonnell must choose between his duty or
losing his heart forever to the woman who betrayed him—his own wife.

Lady Sybella MacKenzie is forced to search for her clan's ancient seeing stone under the roof of her father's enemy. When she finds the precious artifact, will she choose the family who raised her, or will she stand with the man who has captured her soul?



I have loved this Bad Boys of the Highlands series by Victoria Roberts. But seriously - bad boys and highlanders - what's not to love? Unfortunately, I read the first two books before I started blogging and reviewing, so I only have star ratings for those books. But trust me, if you are looking for a Scottish historical romance, but also want something light and quick, these are fun little reads.

This book is set in the Highlands of the early 17th century, but this one does not have a lot of historical detail, so you don't have many historical facts other than the year. The families of our main characters, Sybella and Alex, have a longstanding fued. Sybella's father decides to marry her to Alex to end the feud, however this is really a ruse and he wants her to betray her husband by stealing a seer stone that was taken from her clan. Sybella agrees to do this duty for her clan, not realizing that she could fall in love with her husband. I liked Sybella well enough, but she got on my nerves by not having faith in her husband. If she would have just come clean to him once she realized her father was not a good person, then a whole lot of heartache would have been avoided. As for Alex, he was our typical Highland laird, running his clan and dealing with the drama of the time. I liked him because I liked most highlanders, but there was nothing overly unique about his character.

I would have said this was a solid 3-star read, but it managed to eek a few tears out of me toward the end. I like books to evoke emotions, so that warranted another star. If you want something light, fun, historical and Scottish - pick this one up.

View all my reviews

Bad Boys of the Highlands Series



No comments:

Post a Comment