Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Indie Wednesday Spotlight and Guest Post with Victoria Danann

 

The Indie Wednesday Spotlight this month is on the bodacious Victoria Danann. Victoria has authored thirteen novels in the paranormal and contemporary romance genre.  Her paranormal series, Knights of the Black Swan, has won Best Paranormal Romance Series three years running by the The Paranormal Romance Guild. 

As a lover of all things paranormal and urban fantasy, I am stoked to try out this new-to-me indie author and see what kind of freaky imagination she has! From what I hear, she has some hot and hunky heroes and strong relatable heroines. I am so happy to welcome this author to the blog today... let's find out a little more about her, shall we?

Guest Post by Victoria Danann

Before I was an author…



I was a rock chick.

Until the year I published my first book, 2012, I played with a Classic Rock band called Roadhouse. We could cover anything note for note and had about a hundred songs in our catalog. Here is my never-before-published list of the songs I most liked to play in order along with my contribution to the band.

1.                 Shoot to Thrill, AC/DC (keys)
2.                 Rock You Like A Hurricane, Scorpions (rhythm guitar, backup vocals)
3.                 Blue Collar Man, Styx (keys, backup vocals)
4.                 Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap (rhythm guitar, backup vocals)
5.                 Twilight Zone, Golden Earring (rhythm guitar/lead crossover, backup vocals)
6.                 Still Got the Blues For You, Gary Moore (lead vocal)
7.                 Ridin’ the Storm Out, REO Speedwagon (lead vocal, rhythm guitar)
8.                 Livin’ on a Prayer, Bon Jovi (keys, backup vocals)
9.                 Those Shoes, The Eagles (rhythm guitar, backup vocals)
10.            Achilles Last Stand, Led Zeppelin (lead vocal)
11.            Riders on the Storm, Doors (keys)
12.            Got Me Under Pressure, ZZ Top (rhythm guitar)
13.            Pretty Vegas, INXS (rhythm guitar, backup vocals)

Check out CRAVE, releasing TODAY http://victoriadanann.com/exiled/crave-exiled-2/

Victoria Danann
Winner BEST PARANORMAL ROMANCE SERIES the past THREE YEARS IN A ROW! (Knights of Black Swan)


How Can You Stalk Victoria?



TITLE: Crave
SERIES: Exiled, #2
AUTHOR: Victoria Danann
RELEASE DATE: May 20, 2016
PAGES: 250
PREORDER LINKS

Excerpt

8 years earlier
Dandy and Crave had taken the hike up the western mountain to the waterfall pool. Everyone knew where it was, but few people went because the effort to get there was worth mention. 
The pool was small, only fifteen feet across, but the water was beautiful and clear. It was also cold since it began its journey higher up as snow melt. Crave thought it was the prettiest spot in the world, surrounded by pink granite outcroppings, aspens and evergreen trees.
They’d removed their clothes and jumped in, Dandy shrieking about the cold while he pretended to be immune and laughed at her. They swam and splashed, but after a time ended up kissing and exploring each other’s postpubescent bodies. 
In many ways Dandy thought those first shy touches were the most erotic things that would ever happen to her. It was then and there that Crave had also declared. 
“I love you, Dandy. You’re my Promise.”
She laughed. “You can’t just say I’m your Promise, Crave. You have to ask me. Don’t you know that?”
He looked a little hurt, but started again. “Dandelion. I love you. Are you going to be my Promise or not?”
“I will.” She smiled showing off her white teeth. Then she grew serious as a thundercloud. “But I’d better never catch you with another female.”
Crave was offended at the suggestion. Even in his fantasies, the only female he could imagine mounting was Dandelion. “I wouldn’t do that.” Understanding flitted across his boyish features as he considered the implications and his expression changed to a look of worry. “Same for you. Right? No other males.”
Dandy smiled a perfectly coy female smile and drew closer. “I would never, Crave,” she breathed. “You’re my Promise.” 
His forehead smoothed as he relaxed then promptly dunked her under with a mischievous grin.

Giveaway


No comments:

Post a Comment